The Nevada Division of Insurance announced website that provides consumers and insurance professionals with comprehensive information about insurance and healthcare reform in Nevada.
Go to doi.nv.gov to review the information.
The Division’s new “Nevada Employer’s Guide to the Affordable Care Act” is also available for download at doi.nv.gov/News-Notices/Publications/. This guide answers some of the most common questions that business owners have about how healthcare reform will affect their business. Including whether or not they will have to offer health insurance to their employees, how to purchase health insurance, how the law has affected health insurance coverage and much more.
Visitors to the Division’s new website will also find:
· A new License Verification Tool at doi.nv.gov/licensing-search which allows users to search the name of any insurance agent, agency or company selling them insurance to make sure that they are licensed by the Division.
· Health Insurance Rates: At rates.doi.nv.gov it’s now even easier to become a part of the health insurance rate review process by reviewing proposed health insurance rate changes and offering comments for us to consider as we review the pending rate changes.
· Information about healthcare reform. Learn about how healthcare reform affects you, your family and your business at doi.nv.gov/Healthcare-Reform.
· Information on how to become licensed as a producer in Nevada at doi.nv.gov/Licensing.
· Information for insurers at doi.nv.gov/Insurers.
· File a complaint against an insurance agent or company at doi.nv.gov/Consumers/File-A-Complaint.
· Consumer information and guides at doi.nv.gov/Consumers to help you make the best decisions for you and your family when you purchase insurance.
The State of Nevada Division of Insurance is charged with protecting consumer rights and regulating Nevada’s $11.2 billion insurance industry.